- Are you a homeowner looking to develop some basic home maintenance skills?
- Are you tired of paying too much for simple home repairs?
- Are you considering a career in the trades but are unsure where to start?
If so, check out our General Home Maintenance course.
In a cooperative and upbeat environment, students learn basic home maintenance skills and tool techniques. Topics include carpentry, electrical, plumbing and drywall. Courses are hands-on and take place in our demonstration centres and interactive work areas. Our instructors are experts with years of experience in their respective trades.
Classes run from 6 to 9:30 pm, one night a week for nine weeks. All tools, materials and safety equipment are provided.
- Week 1: Introduction to General Home Maintenance
- Week 2: Tools & Safety
- Week 3: Trim Carpentry
- Week 4: Basics of Electricity
- Week 5: Electrical Repair & Troubleshooting
- Week 6: Plumbing Basics
- Week 7: Plumbing Repair
- Week 8: Drywall Installation
- Week 9: Drywall Finishing & Repair
Course Fee – $500
Note 1: A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required.
Note 2: Classes are running at capacity and due to safety reasons, we cannot offer make-up classes.
|Fall 2022||September 2022
(registration opens August 2nd)
|Winter 2023||To Be Announced|
For registration or additional information please call 905-522-8686 or email.
Corporate & Group Training
We offer customized hands-on training to corporations and groups that are interested in developing their knowledge with respect to the building trades (minimum of 10 participants required).
In addition, we offer certification in Emergency First Aid, CPR, and Working at Heights.
Our customized training service includes rental of our classroom and shop as well as instruction by licensed tradespeople.
If you would like to discuss how we could customize a training package for you, please email or call 905-522-8686.